Download sample social media posts, social media graphics sized for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Let media outlets know about your celebration by pitching your event using these talking points. This year, we’ve added a tip sheet on how to pitch to reporters. Promote your celebration to your members or constituents by sharing sample text for your newsletter, magazine or listserv.
Thank the child care providers in your community with these messages of gratitude. Print and provide them to families and communities members so they can send a personal note of thanks. If you are a child care resource and referral agency, offer to host a drop off location and coordinate the distribution.
Show your support for child care providers. Save and upload the following backgrounds for your next video call.
Encourage your networks to record a message of gratitude.
View our comprehensive guide for inviting your elected officials to your event. Afterward, use our sample templates to invite and call your elected officials about your event and share about your event on social media using our sample copy.
Looking for additional ideas on how to celebrate? Here are some tips from child care resource and referral agencies around the country.
- Run a social media contest encouraging families to nominate their provider on social media for a gift basket giveaway. Ask local businesses to contribute an item. – Child Care Aware of Minnesota
- Distribute thank you cards to families and community leaders. Especially encourage young children to put their own “mark” on the card through a drawing or artwork. Provide a drop off box at your CCR&R to collect the cards and then distribute them to providers. – Child Care Resource & Referral of Wisconsin
- Partner with another community organization, like United Way, to distribute celebratory materials, like stickers or send with your next mailing. Include instructions that encourage people to take photos of themselves wearing the stickers. – Child Care Resource & Referral of Wisconsin
- Invite members of the community to record a short message of thanks, and then compile into a montage reel. Share on social media and tag everyone who participated. – New York State Child Care Resource and Referral and TowerLight Minnesota
- Invite child care providers to a self-care workshop focused on growing local produce and preparing nutritious meals. Include an activity kit for growing kitchen herbs and include a gift card to a local home improvement store or gardening center. – PATCH Hawaii