Provider Appreciation is a great time to celebrate the important providers in your child’s life or to celebrate the staff in your child care center.
What better way to acknowledge your appreciation than by helping children make a gift themselves or providers can do with the children.
Ideas for Parents
- Get together with other parents to create a surprise for your child care provider
- Submit a video testimonial thanking your provider
- Send flowers, cards or a handwritten note of appreciation
- Work with your child to create a special remembrance
- Buy something for your provider’s play area
- Give your provider a paid day off, a raise, or a bonus
- Check to see if your employer provides scholarships for toys, equipment, or training that you can sponsor as a parent
Ideas for Organizations
- Call local restaurants, retail stores, and grocery stores to request gift certificates for the child care providers you work with
- Plan a luncheon, picnic or dinner honoring child care providers
- Host a screening of, Through the Night documentary in your community
- Through the Night, a documentary by Bronx-based Afro-Latina DJ, filmmaker, and film executive Loira Limbal, explores the personal cost of our modern economy through the stories of two working mothers and a child care provider whose lives intersect at a 24-hour daycare center. Through The Night is a love letter to single mothers and caregivers. #CareforCaregivers
- Ask government officials to sign a proclamation.
- Purchase a new piece of equipment in honor of the day
- Provide a scholarship for an early care education conference or workshop
- Pay for a day off so providers may attend a conference or workshop
- Send a press release to your local newspaper
- Invite staff and parents to partner with you to plan a program-wide event
- Invite neighboring early childhood organizations to join you in your celebration